You know social can be a powerful tool to assist with your affiliate marketing program but social media works best when integrated with other marketing programs. It can make your life a little easier by increasing your presence on the web and converting lookers into buyers.
The top social media referral sites include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr. The amount of traffic that flows through these sites on any given day is enormous. Using a thoughtful social media approach, you can get more bang for your buck through social channels. All you need is your very large and very reputable client list to “follow”, “like” and “share” you.
Take this list and target those users who would most likely need email marketing services, then create social messages incorporating your affiliate links. Targeting is important because competition is high, as many companies are turning to social media to promote their brands and products. Customers are most likely to research a product before purchasing by visiting Twitter, Facebook or review blogs. The image you portray on these sites convinces the customer to buy. You can use social media listening and alerts to find people interested in email marketing solutions, then reach out and engage with them.
Use these best practices as advised by social media and marketing experts to prevent loss of interest and traffic flows:
- Don’t just share your email marketing affiliate info on social media sites—share the important messaging behind your email marketing campaign.
- Remember, on social media sites you are a person, not a corporation. Write posts and updates as if you are talking to someone.
- Use social media to your advantage—use our special offers and coupons as incentives to get people to buy. Most customers visit social media sites to get special deals.
- Be straightforward. Market the product as you would like to be marketed to.
- Don’t just spew automated content. Make it personable so when customers read your content, they feel as if you are talking directly to them.
- Most importantly, people need to believe you. These best practices are of no use if you are not trustworthy and believable with your social media presence.
Do not feel discouraged if you do not have a large following on your social media sites just yet. One major benefit of social media is you do not necessarily need to have large numbers of followers because social circles often link to numerous subsets of people. This is why it is vital that you keep your content personal and believable because although you may not have a lot of direct followers, there are still a number of indirect customers that your content is still visible to.
Our affiliate program offers you customer tracking and a competitive compensation for every customer you bring to Mailigen. Combined with social media, you are on the road to a successful affiliate program!