Collection of Information
1. In general, we collect and maintain two types of data:
a) General account information that you provide us with in order to activate the use of our services. For the most part, this tends to include - contact and payment information as well as email addresses.
b) Data that you provide us with about individuals or corporate entities to whom you wish to send e-mail messages or other forms of communication.
2. information they submit to us and that we maintain could conceivably be used to distinguish businesses from individuals.
3. We DO NOT hold sensitive payment details such as your credit card number, expiry date and security code in our system.
4. Tracking Our Emails to Our Customers. When we send emails to our own registered Mailigen customers, we'll sometimes track who opened the emails and who clicked on any of the hyperlinks included. We do this to measure the performance of our Email Campaigns, and to improve our offerings to specific customer segments.
5. Mailigen will not sell, rent, or loan our contact lists or our customer's contact lists (including customer data) to any outside firms nor will Mailigen use customer contact lists for our own marketing purposes.
Use of Information
1. Mailigen’s services are intended for use by businesses and not consumers. Where you have provided us with your contact information - including personal data - we may use this information to contact you for marketing purposes via regular mail, email or telephone.
2. When you activate a Mailigen account (including any trial account), you are agreeing to receive marketing information about Mailigen's services via the following media: email, telephone, regular mail.
3. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or any promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at support (at) mailigen.com.
4. Every email sent through Mailigen contains an easy, automated unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. To unsubscribe, you simply need to click the link at the bottom of the page in the unsubscribe area. You are immediately excluded from all future mailings.
5. Mailigen may also use personal and non-personal data for other purposes including but not limited to the provision of technical support and, obviously, providing the services you request.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
1. Mailigen do not, under any circumstances, sell or rent your personal or business data without your written consent or unless ordered by a court of law.
2. The information we collect is available to Mailigen employees who may need to access this information for legitimate business purposes including the provision of technical support, customer service, marketing purposes and billing functions. This data may also be available to third parties engaged by Mailigen - for example, third-party billing services providers who require access to customer accounts.
3. We use a third-party tracking service that uses tracking technologies to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our site in the aggregate such as, the number of site visits, page views, page visits, bounce rate, average time on site, and the percentage of new visits to see how our site is being used and what content is most popular.
Clear Gifs or Web Beacons
1. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
2. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
Links to Other Sites
Security of Your Information
1. Mailigen has made a substantial investment in the latest server, database, backup and firewall technologies to protect our information assets. These technologies are deployed as part of sophisticated security architecture. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
2. Due to the sensitive nature of your Distribution Lists, we do not re-send forgotten passwords. Users must follow online instructions to reset their passwords if they forget them. Account passwords are encrypted. We cannot see your passwords. We can only reset them.
3. We use technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system. No data transmissions over the Internet, however, are guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your data from unauthorized use or disclosure, Mailigen cannot warrant or guarantee the security of the data that you provide to us.
Questions About Your Account
Should you have any questions on how we use the data we collect or what are our limitations of account access, please contact us.
Updated: 15 July 2012
14A, Unionway Commercial Centre,
283 Queen's Road Central,
Hong Kong SAR
We can be reached via email at info (at) mailigen.com or you can reach us by telephone at +852 580 83721