Every business has marketing habits they practice every single day. From creating meaningful relationships and producing problem-solving content, to analyzing data and using checklists that boost productivity, these are the epic marketing habits you should practice to improve your business. By the end of this article, you should have a clear idea of what kind of epic marketing habits you should develop, and what are some of the ways that will help you practice them.
Are you ready? Let’s go!
Create Meaningful Relationships
“Provide 51% of the value in a relationship, whether it’s with an employee, a client, or a stranger.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
First epic marketing habits always start with creating meaningful relationships. This can be done through every single medium you’re using, whether it’s emails, social media, press, or physical contact. Good relationship marketing habits start with two simple questions. “What are you bringing to the table?” and “How will you keep the relationship going?”
Your relationship marketing strategy should be clear and it should always involve making an emotional connection. When that connection is nourished, it becomes an important marketing habit.
How to create relationship marketing habits:
- Pre-plan your campaigns.
- Determine your target and your demographic for every single message.
- Always have a clear vision of who you’re talking to.
- Develop an emotional message and powerful content every time.
- Communicate through all channels.
Become a Problem Solver
“Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.” – Laura Fitton
Problem-solving is a habit and a skill that has to be consistently developed. Epic marketing comes with many problems and challenges, but being proactive is important and in many ways a required skill that takes time and patience.
But problem-solving doesn’t have to be only internal – you can expand it to create problem-solving content for your customers through every single medium, including email marketing.
How to develop problem-solving skills and use them in marketing:
- Define problems your business solves.
- Create a target audience for every problem.
- Produce problem-solving content on every medium.
- Answer “What problem does this solve” with every piece you put out.
Study and Monitor Data
“Study as many data points as you can from your customers to continually make sure you are giving them the content they crave. This could be simple as monitoring replies to your emails that are either positive or negative and then making adjustments to your content. It could also be more in-depth by studying the Subject Lines, Open Rates and CTR (click-through rates) for content. Importantly, select a great email marketing partner like Mailigen.” – Aaron Tabor, Jesus Daily
Data will be an essential point when it comes to growing your business and expanding your marketing strategy. Luckily, marketing platforms are able to provide you with all kinds of data. What you need to do next is get into a habit of studying that data and finding a way to make it work for your specific platform.
How to effectively study data:
- Take time each day or each week to check the behavior of your users.
- Create main categories of the data.
- Track any possible changes.
- Assess those changes and adapt your strategy as necessary.
“Create a daily email marketing checklist. It’s important to check reports for your subscribers, unsubscribers, monitor deliverability, click-through rate, and reputation. This will help you adjust your strategy and pay attention to user behavior. You’ll be able to act quickly and adjust to your user’s needs without losing subscribers. Checklists will also improve productivity in all other areas of your business” – Janis Rose, Mailigen
Mailigen is an email marketing platform and we hold email marketing habits close to our heart and they’re one of the core values of our business. We believe in monitoring everything but in order to make sure you are really doing everything you’re supposed to, you need to create daily checklists and follow them. Regularly going through the checklists will help you stay on top of every report and quickly identify any issues along the way.
How to create productivity checklists:
- Write down the steps you want to take every single day.
- Identify core tasks and set subtasks if necessary.
- Set the same time each day or each week to go through the checklist and make it a habit.
- Check the most important tasks early in the week.
- Include the results of your checklist in your weekly and monthly reports.
- Assess noticeable changes in the results as quickly as possible and brainstorm possible solutions with your team.
Download our personal email marketing checklist, print it out, and stick it to your wall to always stay on top of your email marketing game!
What are some of the most epic marketing habits that have transformed your business? Comment below to let us know!
Looking for an email marketing platform? Sign up to a free 30-day trial with Mailigen and start creating powerful messages!