Head of Business Development
Mailigen is seeking a Head of Business Development to execute strategic business development initiative searching for new monetization channels, strategic markets, partnerships, expanding referral and reseller partners programs across the globe, strengthening Mailigen’s brand awareness and company image. This person will also take part in building a large ecosystem of technological alliances, help refining Mailigen's overall partnership strategy working closely with the product, engineering, marketing and sales teams. This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify strategic opportunities and threats in different markets.
- Develop an efficient yet strategic business development process including objectives, strategies and key milestones and execute that strategy.
- Maintain active relationships with Mailigen's key partners reinforcing our leadership position in the market, proactively addressing business issues and identifying ways to maximize value for both parties.
- Use a systematic approach to establish deep relationships with strategic partners including understanding their strategy, key decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus.
- Define the Partner Program with specific goals aligning with business objectives
- Develop, evaluate, and prioritize new ways to grow the business through partnerships that drive significant new customer acquisition, adoption, and revenue.
- Work with product, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to evaluate, explore and execute strategic partnership opportunities.
- Participating in industry events/conferences to search for new strategic partners and promote platform.
- Develop strategic roadmap of new products that align with Mailigen's overall mission and goals based on market insights.
- Facilitate development of marketing collateral related to public announcements of partnerships.
- Facilitate internal training regarding closed business development partnerships.
- 4+ years of experience working in technology in a business development or product management capacity at a market leading company.
- Experienced in establishing an overall business development strategy from scratch, including planning and delivering an execution plan aligned with the business strategy, integrating various business stakeholders such as sales, marketing, service and technical delivery.
- Creativity and innovative thinking.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally.
- Ability to make fast decisions in critical situations and take responsibility.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Experience in building and managing an effective team.
- Extensive industry contacts and ability to navigate technology landscape
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Creative, critical and solution-first thinker with client service mentality.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers and engineers.
- Can handle multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Strong background of performance in sales or in analytical work (e.g. Business Development, Consulting).
- Ability to travel.
- Dynamic full time job in an international company;
- Competitive local salary and a KPI bonus;
- Participate in many sport events, coaching & mentorship programs;
- Work with a team that likes to win, has fun and lives the Mailigen values - mentorship, family & care, eagerness to grow, honor;
- We've got a friendly team in a comfortable office in the center of Riga!